[sf-perl] slides on the perlnow.el lightning talk (Joe Brenner)

Fred Moyer fred at redhotpenguin.com
Wed Oct 7 14:59:59 PDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 1:01 PM, David Ljung Madison <pm.org at daveola.com> wrote:
>> ..if you then issue the perlnow "run" command from..
>
> perlnow sounds fantastic, but I am a vim geek not an emacs geek.

For what it is worth, I am both a vim geek and an emacs geek.  I use
perlnow on emacs, and perl-support on vim.

I've found that vim is great for jumping in and out of files, but the
repetitive keystrokes give me rsi when used for extended periods.
Emacs takes a bit longer to startup, but is more useful to me if I
have to spend more than 5-15 minutes in a file.

They are really two different tools when you get to know them, and
depending on your personal abilities and needs, can serve equally well
for different tasks.  I don't see either one as 'better', they are
simply 'different', and have different strengths and weaknesses.