[sf-perl] dynamic #! line

frosty biztos at mac.com
Mon Mar 23 19:04:22 PDT 2009

I use the /usr/bin/env trick all the time.

In my case it's because I want code to happily run under a custom Perl, an OSX Perl, a macports Perl, and a few different Linux Perls, without any fancy futzing around.

However, I have never tested it for edge cases or weird/untrusted user environments.  It seems a bit risky if you're deploying code onto servers you don't control.

Also, you can't just pass  in a bunch of switches to perl if you do it this way.  That might matter to you; it doesn't to me.

-- f.