[sf-perl] Bay Area Tech Gnus [ot]

David Fetter david at fetter.org
Fri Jun 12 15:15:58 PDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 01:56:33PM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting David Fetter (david at fetter.org):
>
> > Is the raw data available?  I'd like to see about munging it into
> > an iCal feed, preferably without scraping your page :)
>
> I keep thinking of iCal (and RSS), myself.  Just haven't gotten to
> it, and not sure how best to do it.

There's a Data::ICal which can create such files. :)

Also cool, even though it's PHP, is PHP iCalendar, which brings iCal
feeds together on a web page.
<http://freshmeat.net/projects/phpicalendar/>

> The raw data are in MySQL tables, queryable only from localhost, and
> of course maintained on an ongoing basis by yrs truly.  What you're
> seeing in the calendar portion of the (PHP) page is rows drawn from
> table "events".  The group descriptions below the calendar are in
> table "groups".  Once a month, a cronjob runs that populates a new
> month of "events" rows, based on data parsed from table
> "eventtemplate".

Interesting :)

Cheers,
David.

P.S.
    o/` JOIN us now() and share the Postgres o/` ;)
--
David Fetter <david at fetter.org> http://fetter.org/
Skype: davidfetter      XMPP: david.fetter at gmail.com

Remember to vote!