[sf-perl] Fwd: [LA.pm] Perlmonks compromised

frosty biztos at mac.com
Thu Jul 30 11:08:04 PDT 2009

I've gotten a lot of great advice from the Perlmonks community.  But as for the devs and the bulb comment, I'm inclined to agree at the moment.  I just went and changed my password to something long and sarcastic, and in the process noticed that only the first N characters of your password are significant, and that it doesn't tell you this (though your browser sort-of does, by only displaying that many bullets).

Try it yourself.  Oh joy.  I think it's 8 but I'm too busy to re-check right now.

Also, considering how big of a rookie move this is for a site full of dev experts, I'm completely underwhelmed with the response from Perlmonks so far.

-- f.