[sf-perl] max inode value

Daniel Lo woof at danlo.com
Mon Jul 27 18:06:23 PDT 2009

Hello David,

Humm, interesting question.

I know that inodes are allocated per system, thus the maximum value may be
already determined by the OS, because it is associated with an pre-allocated i-node entry.

However, if you are looking for the "integer" size-ness, I found this in the
ubuntu /usr/include/bits/dirent.h

#ifndef __USE_FILE_OFFSET64
    __ino_t d_ino;
    __off_t d_off;
#else
    __ino64_t d_ino;
    __off64_t d_off;
#endif

Which, is about as helpful as the first answer.

Hopefully, this helps :)

-daniel

--
Best regards,