[sf-perl] Perl Migrates To the Git Version Control System (fwd)

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Mon Jan 5 06:42:55 PST 2009

>>>>> "Rich" == Rich Morin <rdm at cfcl.com> writes:

Rich> Git is a fascinating piece of technology about which I have
Rich> very mixed feelings.  It's very powerful, but after months of
Rich> using it, I still had to be bailed out (regularly) when I had
Rich> managed to git thing fouled up.

The #git channel on freenode has many experts, including the key developers
much of the time.

Feel free to ask questions as you need.

The mailing list is also quite newbie friendly, although a bit of RTFM
might be the first round answer.

I've been involved with Git since the first month.  Turns out my lunch
with Linus Torvalds to welcome him to Portland was timely. "what you working
on now?" "This thing called git." :)