[sf-perl] Server downtime reporting and recovery

Mason Jones mason at singlefeed.com
Tue Feb 24 17:19:51 PST 2009

I'd say yes, you're going to want to be looking at something like Nagios or
Big Brother, which can check the status of known services/ports/web apps/etc
as frequently as you need, and then invoke scripts to restart things. You
can actually get quite a bit done with home-grown perl scripts, really, but
there are plugins and other things available for tools like Nagios which
you'll probably find save you time (once you learn the system, of course).