[sf-perl] OSCON impressions - detailed blog post

Joe Brenner doom at kzsu.stanford.edu
Tue Aug 25 09:28:20 PDT 2009

James Briggs <james at ActionMessage.com> wrote:

> I wrote a detailed blog post on my 2009 OSCON impressions:
>    http://www.jebriggs.com/blog/2009/07/oscon-2009-san-jose/
>
> It would be great if somebody could reply with a list (or link) of the Perl
> Lightning Talk speakers so I can fill those in.

This is the list of lightning talks from OSCON 2009:

  http://www.justanotherperlhacker.org/lightning/2009oscon.shtml

Speaking of which, if anyone is wondering what "lightning talks" are
about:

  http://perl.plover.com/lightning-talks.html

And the reason I bring this up is that we're going to be doing
our own Lightning Talks on September 2009, and ideas are welcome.

I thought the comparision between the OSCON lightning talks and our
own was kind of interesting -- both were very good, but I think in a
weird way we tend to take our own lightning talks more seriously.
So much heavy material goes by, it can be hard to keep track of it
all...