[sf-perl] upcoming talks, locations... and a call for lightning

Joe Brenner doom at kzsu.stanford.edu
Mon Aug 10 17:57:38 PDT 2009

This month, on August 24th, we've got a talk by Jeffrey Goff about
doing internationalization on a legacy perl app.

In September, there was someone we met at OSCON, Kristina Chodorow
of 10gen, who wanted to give a talk on MongoDB, a non-relational,
document-oriented database (she's writing a perl driver for it).

It turns out her schedule has changed and she won't be in town
for our September 22nd meeting, but we have found an alternate
location for her to give a talk on Thursday, September 3rd.

But rather than abandon our usual end-of-month meeting at Six Apart,
Fred and I thought it might be time for another round of lightning
talks.

(Yes, two sf.pm meetings in one month -- a historical first.
And it makes up for taking off in December).

So anyone up for lightning talks?  Hit me with your ideas (or reply
on the list, if you like).  That's on Tuesday, September 22nd.

More details on that to follow...

And we're still looking for a speaker for Tuesday November 24th.