[sf-perl] August Meeting Details - "Oops! I i18n'd your app"

Fred Moyer fred at redhotpenguin.com
Mon Aug 10 15:19:10 PDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 3:13 PM, David Fetter<david at fetter.org> wrote:
> For what it's worth, I've found Meetup's recurring meetup "feature" to
> be the exact opposite of what user groups need. The default is to
> repeat the previous one meetup, where it should be *not* to repeat the
> previous.  These days, I just schedule them by hand in advance.

I've been using our in house syndication tool developed by Robert Krimen:

http://search.cpan.org/~rkrimen/App-PM-Announce-0.025/lib/App/PM/Announce.pm

You drop the announcement into a text file and run 'pm-announce <
announcement.txt'.  And it just works (except for Meetup errors
apparently :)

Here's the payload I used for today's announcement.  It has channels
for Meetup, use.perl.org, sf.pm.org, and LinkedIn groups.  I'm sure
other channel patches would be welcome :)

# App-PM-Announce
# You can leave 'venue' blank to use the default venue (per /Users/phred/Library
/Application Support/.app-pm-announce/config)
# The 'datetime' field is the date & time that the event will take place. Any re
asonable string should do (parsed via DateTimeX::Easy)
---
title: Oops!  I i18n'd your app
venue: Six Apart World Headquarters
datetime: 2009-08-24T19:00:00
uuid: 159612A6-321B-2GDE-9058-4FFC462F2F28
---
"Localizing legacy code, automating the process, and how to work with your trans
lators"

Jeff Goff (DrForr) will be talking about his experience with localizing a
large and hugely successful mission critical legacy perl application.

The meeting will take place at 7 pm PST on Tuesday August 25th at Six
Apart World Headqu
arters.

http://search.cpan.org/~jgoff/

Announcement posted via App::PM::Announce