[sf-perl] Fwd: [pm_groups] YAPC::EU::2009 Call for Presentations
fred at redhotpenguin.com
Tue Apr 7 09:31:16 PDT 2009
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: José Castro <cogurov at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 12:22 AM
Subject: [pm_groups] YAPC::EU::2009 Call for Presentations
To: PM Groups <pm_groups at pm.org>
Hi, everyone. Please forward this to your pm groups.
YAPC::EU::2009, the 10th edition of the largest European Perl
conference, will be held in Lisbon, Portugal, from the 3rd to the 5th
of August, 2009.
This is the official Call for Presentations and here are the important
- Deadline for talk proposals: April 30th 2009
- Speaker notification: May 7th 2009
This year's theme for the conference is Corporate Perl.
Here's what we're looking for:
- We're looking for talks on how corporate companies use Perl and why;
- We're looking for talks to fit our beginner's track (if you want to
submit one and don't know what about, reach us at
organizers at yapceurope2009.org and we'll share with you our preliminary
draft of an expected beginner's track);
- And, as usual, there is also enough room for talks that don't fit
any of those groups, so we'll be looking for and expecting dozens of
proposal on everything that is Perl related.
We'll be offering two kinds of time-slots for talks:
- 20 minutes
- 40 minutes
If you really need a different time-slot, get in touch with us and
we'll see what we can do.
Speakers may submit multiple talks. All speakers will have their
registration fee waived.
- To submit a talk, go to http://yapceurope2009.org/ye2009/newtalk
- If you don't have a user yet, please register at
For any inquiry, contact us at organizers at yapceurope2009.org, and
don't forget to submit your proposals no later than midnight GMT on
April 30th, 2009.
Request pm.org Technical Support via support at pm.org
pm_groups mailing list
pm_groups at pm.org
More information about the SanFrancisco-pm