[sf-perl] perl on a mac

Alex Feinberg alex at strlen.net
Mon Nov 10 11:54:29 PST 2008

Terminal executes the script. Terminal can't render HTML. Web
browser can only render HTML, it can't execute scripts.

You need to have a web server setup and configured to execute CGI
scripts/mod_perl for that. How to do that will probably be beyond a
single message, but OS X includes Apache which is the de-facto
standard for web servers.

Or you can use command redirection to test, e.g.:

  perl  myscript.pl > /tmp/file.html && open /tmp/file.html

    Thanks,