[sf-perl] Reminder: Mark Shuttleworth tomorrow. RSVP!

Quinn Weaver quinn at fairpath.com
Tue Mar 25 18:09:16 PDT 2008

BALUG update:

Thanks for the RSVPs.  We have seven people confirmed.  There should
be a table with a sign just for us.

Unfortunately, and to my immense regret, I won't be there.  I realized
at the last minute that I double-booked tonight.  Double duh.  The other
event can't happen without me, so I have to drop BALUG.

Needless to say, I am really bummed.  I would be enormously grateful
if someone could ask Mark this question, in some form (write it down
or paraphrase, I don't care which):

    What would it take for Kubuntu or Ubuntu to become as popular as,
    or more popular than, Windows and Macs on the desktop?

I know the answer of many people on this list would be "It'll never
happen" or "The Mac OS X GUI is way better."  But I want Mark's
opinion. :)

Thanks, and see you next time,

--
Quinn Weaver, independent contractor  |  President, San Francisco Perl Mongers
http://fairpath.com/quinn/resume/     |  http://sf.pm.org/