[sf-perl] Bug in perl (or does -r not do what I think?)

David Alban extasia at extasia.org
Fri Jun 6 14:01:09 PDT 2008

"...depends on what the meaning of 'is' is..."

then what does it mean for the file to be readable?

    it's file mode indicates some user,group or the entire world can read it

or...

    some real user (whether root or not) can actually read it

apparently there are situations where these aren't the same.

--
Live in a world of your own, but always welcome visitors.