[sf-perl] Do You Twitter?

Vicki Brown vlb at cfcl.com
Sat Sep 22 09:51:00 PDT 2007

At 20:39 -0700 09/20/2007, Michael Friedman wrote:
> I don't Twitter. But, then again, I don't blog, either.
>
> Blogging just doesn't work for me. I like to keep my personal life
> relatively private and my work life is entirely owned by my employer.
> Thus, blogging for me would end up being the same vapid "here's what
> I had for lunch today" stuff that clogs the internet. There's no
> point in adding to that.

I would never recommend you write a weblog if you don't want to but I have
to argue with your reasoning.

Now, if you had said "I don't like to write", I'd buy that but I hope
there's more going on in your life than what you had for lunch today.
There must be some things you think about that are neither
private/personal or "owned" by someone else (tangent: the thought that
your work life is "entirely owned" by your employer is deeply scary.)

Do you never read a book or see a movie you might want to recommend? Try a
new restaurant? Visit an interesting location? Do you have no opinions you
might want to share with friends or co-workers? Is there nothing in your
life outside of "work" and "private"?
--
- Vicki

     ZZZ
  zzZ                   San Francisco Bay Area, CA
 z  |\     _,,,---,,_   Books, Cats, Tech
zz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_  http://cfcl.com/vlb
 '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)      http://vlb.typepad.com/commentary/