[sf-perl] Belated follow-up (on Lenovo hardware support)

Quinn Weaver quinn at fairpath.com
Fri Oct 5 18:14:51 PDT 2007

On Fri, Oct 05, 2007 at 05:35:18PM -0700, David Thompson wrote:
> > On the not-so-bright side, they also replaced my aftermarket mini-PCI
> > 802.11 A/B/G card, which was working fine, with one that doesn't work
> > under Linux.
>
> Uh, so what did you (or they) finally do about your wireless card?

I didn't feel like fighting over it, so I just started using one of the
many PCMCIA wifi cards I have lying around.  It's a (hold on, I have
to postpone this message so I can eject it...)  MSI CB54G2.  Works
fine under Linux.

Before I was using Intel's 2915 802.11 A/B/G card, which works great
but requires you to load a proprietary microcode blob at boot time. :P

--
Quinn Weaver, independent contractor  |  President, San Francisco Perl Mongers
http://fairpath.com/quinn/resume/     |  http://sf.pm.org/