[sf-perl] LinuxWorld booth

Quinn Weaver quinn at fairpath.com
Thu May 3 20:24:15 PDT 2007

On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 04:31:48PM -0700, David Fetter wrote:

> > > Dunno if it's better, but Chevys is nearby and handles crowds
> > > well.
> >
> > Well, margaritas could be fun...
> >
> > How is it for noise?  I've noticed some of these restaurants get so
> > loud you have to shout to talk to the person next to you (which, of
> > course, just exacerbates the problem...)
>
> I'd go for Bucca over Chevys unless the objective is to get blitzed in
> a noisy environment.

Yeah, noise is deal-breaker.  This is supposed to be a social gathering. ;)

I appreciate, enormously, your offer to kick in money.  I think
it's better if we just have everyone pay their own way.  That way we
don't have to worry about scaling issues (as in "oops, we just got
twice the people we expected.")  Buca says they're OK with giving
everyone a separate check, so that should prevent this class of
problems:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bistromathics .

--
Quinn Weaver, independent contractor  |  President, San Francisco Perl Mongers
http://fairpath.com/quinn/resume/     |  http://sf.pm.org/