[sf-perl] Perl job at Stanford

Michael Friedman friedman at highwire.stanford.edu
Fri Mar 30 12:51:32 PDT 2007

Let's try that URL again:

http://recruit.trovix.com/jobhost/jobhost/ViewJobPostDetails.do?
title=SENIOR+SOFTWARE+DEVELOPER%2C+HIGHWIRE
+PRESS&jobPostId=599721&accountId=de85ad313f8598db1c42b567a3df24a00497ba
22&button=&action=viewDetails

On Mar 30, 2007, at 12:45 PM, Michael Friedman wrote:

> My office at Stanford just posted a job for a SQL/XML/XSLT/Perl
> programmer. The manager in charge of this position says that Perl is
> most definitely a major part of the job, even though the posting
> itself is written to cast a wider net.
>
> We're an off-campus group, run like a startup, so you get the great
> benefits that Stanford offers (Can you say "Free Caltrain"?) without
> much of the hassle of working for a giant bureaucracy. We let people
> work from home, bring their dogs to the office, etc. It's not Google,
> but we let you go home after 40 hours a week too. :-) Oh, and we're
> helping to spread knowledge around the world. You can't beat that for
> a perk.
>
> The work will be with our 1000-module Object-Oriented Perl system,
> Sybase databases, and probably some with our new-still-in-development
> Xerces/Saxon/MarkLogic XML system.
>
> If anyone is interested in more information, or in applying, please
> let me know.
>
> Thanks!
> -- Mike
>
> About HighWire Press: http://highwire.stanford.edu/about/
>
> The job posting (all together now... "I hate Trovix"):
> http://recruit.trovix.com/jobhost/jobhost/ViewJobPostDetails.do?
> title=SENIOR+SOFTWARE+DEVELOPER%2C+HIGHWIRE
> +PRESS&jobPostId=599721&accountId=de85ad313f8598db1c42b567a3df24a00497
> ba
> 22&button=&action=viewDetails

Michael Friedman                     HighWire Press
Phone: 650-725-1974                  Stanford University
FAX:   270-721-8034                  <friedman at highwire.stanford.edu>