[sf-perl] [JOB] Tools position in release engineering group
extasia at extasia.org
Tue Jun 12 16:31:21 PDT 2007
Interested candidates please respond to Chuck Lenhard <clenhard at stubhub.com>.
The following is a job req in my group. It's essentially a tools
position in a release engineering group. Emphasis on unix experience
(we're a linux shop) and tools skills (esp. perl and bash).
This is in San Francisco near Embarcadero BART.
Please respond to Chuck Lenhard <clenhard at stubhub.com> if interested.
StubHub is an online ticket exchange where fans buy or sell sports,
concert, theater, and exclusive event tickets. StubHub offers fans
exclusive event packages and charity auctions that no other Website
offers. All transactions on StubHub are 100% guaranteed and we offer
FedEx tracking, managed logistics, and live customer service.
Summary of Duties:
StubHub is seeking a talented Release Engineer that has skills and
experience in developing internal tools for automation and managing
build/deploy process. The Release Engineer will have a proven track
record developing automated tools and processes to build and deploy
releases in a managed service environment. The role will exist within
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Skilled in Perl and UNIX shell programming (or other appropriate
• Able to design and implement a robust web support system for
communicating build issues and status
• Able to administer, manage and maintain source control system (CVS,
Perforce, etc.); experience in sizing, tuning, backup, rollouts, etc.
• Collaborate with Development to implement and develop nightly build
process (Ant, CruiseControl)
• Familiar with late night/overnight deployments to production
• Experience generating deployment plans and managing releases
• Excellent communication skills; able to interface with multiple
groups across the company
• Provide expertise to the rest of the engineering organization
regarding build tools and source control
• Advocate new tools and processes to continuously improve build and
source control efficiency
• Mentor and assist junior members of the team as necessary
Skills and Abilities Needed:
• BSCS or other technical degree or equivalent experience
• Extensive experience in a UNIX / LINUX environment
• 5+ years hands-on experience as a build or release engineer
• Experience with Open-Source development tools and systems e.g. Ant,
• Expert knowledge of build, release and configuration management practices
• Familiarity with Windows desktop environment
• Experience working in a startup environment
• Demonstrated problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Self-Starter; ability to quickly learn new tools and products
• Cooperative attitude and style
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Live in a world of your own, but always welcome visitors.
More information about the SanFrancisco-pm