[sf-perl] Trustworthy laptop repair?

Quinn Weaver quinn at fairpath.com
Wed Jan 17 13:38:32 PST 2007

Hi, all,

Last night I hosed my Thinkpad by plugging it into a start-up's power socket.
Apparently there was a spike or something, because my display filled up with
garbage, and then the whole thing locked up.  Now it doesn't boot reliably
and, when it does, it locks up randomly* (especially if I move it).  I
guess that part of my circuitry is fried.

Setting	aside the legal issues for a moment, I need to get this fixed.

Does anyone know of a good laptop repair joint in the Bay Area?  I'm
willing to travel to a place that's considerably clueful and reliable.

Many thanks,

* Note, this is not normal behavior; it's running Linux, not Windows. ;)

--
Quinn Weaver DBA Fairpath
http://fairpath.com/quinn/contact/