[sf-perl] IDEs and/or Editors

Andy Lester andy at petdance.com
Thu Feb 22 16:54:45 PST 2007

On Feb 22, 2007, at 6:48 PM, Quinn Weaver wrote:

> I find code position is more salient than color, so I try to
> indent my code well.  If I do that, I don't really need syntax
> highlighting (or sigils, braces, and semicolons, for that matter--
> Python reads at least as well as Perl to me).

For me, vim's color coding is part of everything I do.  If I do
anything wrong, it just feels wrong.  For example, if I close a quote
incorrectly, the rest of my code is purple.  Even if I can't tell
exactly what's wrong, I just FEEL that there's a problem, and I stop
until I figure it out.

xoa

--
Andy Lester => andy at petdance.com => www.petdance.com => AIM:petdance