[sf-perl] IDEs and/or Editors

Michael Friedman friedman at highwire.stanford.edu
Wed Feb 21 21:48:51 PST 2007

Wow. That was a trip down memory lane... One of these days I'm going
to have to go back and read the rest of the perlfaq.

If you do try Eclipse, be sure you have *lots* of free memory. It's
also a multi-language IDE with great features, but it's a bit of a pig.

-- Mike

On Feb 21, 2007, at 9:27 PM, Andy Lester wrote:

> On Feb 21, 2007, at 11:20 PM, Neil Heller wrote:
>

>> I would like to find out if someone can offer me a recommendation
>> for an IDE
>> or an editor for writing Perl scripts?
>
> perldoc -q searches the Perl FAQ for words, if you don't want to use
> Google to search the Perl FAQ.
>
> $ perlfaq -q ide
>
> Found in /System/Library/Perl/5.8.6/pods/perlfaq3.pod
>         Is there an IDE or Windows Perl Editor?
>
> and it goes from there.
>
> xoxo,
> Andy
>
> --
> Andy Lester => andy at petdance.com => www.petdance.com => AIM:petdance

Michael Friedman                     HighWire Press
Phone: 650-725-1974                  Stanford University
FAX:   270-721-8034                  <friedman at highwire.stanford.edu>