[sf-perl] time ordered web directory listing

David Alban extasia at extasia.org
Thu Aug 16 10:55:00 PDT 2007

greetings,

[this is more of an apache question, than a perl question...]

i have a perl program, each invocation of which creates a new
directory in a directory tree accessible to my cow-orkers on a web
server in our company intranet.  i'd like for the user to see files in
descending time order (i.e., latest at the top) when they navigate to
any directory in the tree.

is there a way to have apache (on linux) tack append this to the url:

  ?C=M;O=D

every time the user clicks on a directory when they're navigating this
particular tree?

at the suggestion of a local sysadmin, i tried having the program
write an .htaccess file to the directory it generates.  the contents
of the .htaccess file:

  RewriteEngine on
  RewriteRule (.*) ?C=M;O=D [L]

but it doesn't have any effect on the url.

any ideas on how to accomplish my goal?

thanks,
david
--
Live in a world of your own, but always welcome visitors.