[sf-perl] Perl Programmer position in Palo Alto

Quinn Weaver quinn at fairpath.com
Thu Apr 5 12:49:01 PDT 2007

On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 09:34:35AM +0300, Greger wrote:

> [...]

> hmm...probably pretty good, just occured to me:would it be a good idea to put
> jobads in a database table someplace, and autosend them once a week or so(or
> whatever) to the list? Sure there is jobs.perl.org, but that is sort of a
> global service.

A more general solution is to search the list archives.  A search
like the following turns up quite a bit:

http://www.google.com/search?q=job+site%3Amail.pm.org+inurl%3Asanfrancisco-pm&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

(That's Googling job site:mail.pm.org inurl:sanfrancisco-pm).

In fact, I'm planning to put a link to that search on our main web page.
However, I'm held up dealing with some permissions issues on the new
web server.  Coming soon!

Suggestions to refine the search terms are desired (iff they come with
examples showing that they give better results).

PS:  I agree with David and Josh's advice about getting contracts. :)

--
Quinn Weaver, independent contractor  |  President, San Francisco Perl Mongers
http://fairpath.com/quinn/resume/     |  http://sf.pm.org/