[sf-perl] Perl Programmer position in Palo Alto

Jacobsen, Michelle MichelleJacobsen at spherion.com
Tue Apr 3 14:31:23 PDT 2007

Hi Quinn,

Thank you very much for your time on the phone this afternoon.  As I
mentioned, we have a client in Palo Alto who is looking for 10 Perl
Programmers.

I would love it if you could post this on SFPUG site.

Here is the job description:

Senior Programmer

We have a client in Palo Alto who is looking for talented Senior Perl
Programmers.  As a member of the development staff, you would be
spearheading projects to deliver world-class features.

Position Responsibilities:

*        Work with project managers to implement features that enhance
the overall user experience

*        Design code modules that scale well under heavy load

*        Interface with graphic designers to assist with front-end
development

*       Work with QA analysts to resolve issues before going live

Desired Qualifications:

*        3+ years experience with PERL and mod_perl

*     Solid SQL and relational database knowledge

*            HTML fluency

*      Understanding how high volume and a load-balanced environment can
affect coding approach.

*        Self-motivated problem solver

*        Excellent written and oral communication skills

Salary $95k Plus Quarterly Bonuses

Willing to pay relocation