[sf-perl] Inaugural Monitoring SIG Tomorrow (Tuesday 10/10)

Peter Mui pmui at groundworkopensource.com
Mon Oct 9 11:45:35 PDT 2006

(Hi, is the following an appropriate posting to this list?  We don't
want to be perceived as spamming.  Thanks! -Peter)

We'll be hosting an Inaugural Monitoring SIG meeting tomorrow
(Tuesday, October 10) at 7PM at our offices.  We'll have a short
overview presentation on Open Source monitoring tools and and then
we'll open it up for a discussion of issues people want to cover in
the SIG. All interested parties are invited (nay, heartily
encouraged!) to attend: can you let SoCoSa members know about this?

We'll be covering tools such as Nagios, Ganglia, Cacti, NeDi, Network
Weathermap, Rrdtool, MRTG, SNMP TT, Syslog-ng, etc. and covering
issues like monitoring specific applications like Exchange servers,
Oracle, etc., etc. Part of the goal of this inaugural meeting is to
get feedback from attendees as to topics they want to cover further
in future meetings.

Here's the text-based announcement: feel free to forward it as you
see fit:

What:  Inaugural Monitoring SIG Meeting
Who:  Anyone interested in IT monitoring issues and tools
When:  Tuesday, October 10 2006, 7PM
Where:  GroundWork Open Source, 139 Townsend St., San Francisco
How:  139 Townsend St. is very near AT&T Park, two blocks from the
CalTrain Depot.  Take the MUNI N trolley "inbound" to 2nd and King
(ballpark stop) or take the 15 or 30 buses crosstown.  Free evening
street parking can usually be found.

We'll have a brief presentation and then brainstorm about ways to
build the finest sys admin/IT tools for monitoring and how this SIG
can facilitate that.  Food (probably pizza) and drinks (definitely
pop) will be provided by GroundWork.

RSVP (not necessary, but helpful): Peter Mui,
pmui at groundworkopensource.com, 415 992 4573

Let me know if you have any questions.  Cheers, -Peter

Peter Mui, Open Source Community Advocate
GROUNDWORK Open Source, Inc.
139 Townsend Street, Suite 100
San Francisco, CA 94107-1946
+1 415 992 4573 (direct)