[sf-perl] Perl DBI => named pipe => sqlldr => Oracle table

Quinn Weaver qw at sf.pm.org
Tue Jun 13 13:07:22 PDT 2006

On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 10:36:32AM -0700, Loo, Peter # PHX wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I have the need to spawn two processes within Perl and was wondering if
> someone can show me the way.
>
> One process open() a named pipe and the other runs "sqlldr
> user/pass at database <BLOCKED::mailto:user/pass at database>
> control=controlfile.ctl etc...".

Hi,

I have some ideas about what might be wrong, but before we repair
your wheel, why don't we see what others people have invented? ;)

  http://search.cpan.org/search?query=sqlldr&mode=all

That page shows three recently updated CPAN modules, each
expressly designed to speak to sqlldr.

I would go with one of those.  They're pretty much guaranteed to
be better-tested and more robust than your recently written code.
And you don't have to maintain them!  Man, I love CPAN. ;)

--
qw (Quinn Weaver); #President, San Francisco Perl Mongers
=for information, visit http://sf.pm.org/weblog =cut