[sf-perl] handling email messages in Perl

mehryar mehryar at mehryar.com
Tue Jul 18 11:08:32 PDT 2006

Hi folks,
Im trying to read and write back out mail messages in Perl.
I know Simon Cozens started the Email::* project to get away from the
Mail::* bloat. But Im having a little mental block here.
Im trying to read and write back out a mail folder like so:

  use Email::Folder;
  my $folder = Email::Folder->new("test_folder");
  my @messages = $folder->messages;
  print "Weee! I got ", scalar @messages," email messages\n";

now I'd like to write these messages back out to a file so that I can
re-read it again using the above code. And I can't seem to be able to do
it. Basically I can't figure out how to write the message back into a
"folder" type file that Email::Folder will be able to read again.

I've tried a few ways Email::LocalDelivery, plain writing it out, but Im
just missing something.

thanks,
-mehryar