[sf-perl] [Meeting] Perl IDEs head to head (February 28, 2006)

Quinn Weaver qw at sf.pm.org
Mon Feb 6 20:32:43 PST 2006

(( For Thai food, RSVP to qw at sf.pm.org. ))

There's been a lot of talk about Perl IDEs on and off, and it's not hard to
see why.  Our editors mediate our hacking experience; they have the power to
make it really annoying or smooth as silk.

In this talk, three speakers will present three IDEs for Perl, explaining
how they aid in development:

- Matisse Enzer will present Eclipse, with an eye towards Extreme Programming.

- Josh Berkus will present ActiveState's Komodo.

- Joe Brenner will present Emacs plus perlnow.el, an excellent extension he
  wrote to create boilerplate and automate testing.  (Of course I'm
  biased because I use it daily. ;) )

I will order Thai food from BKK (both vegetarian and non-).  RSVP so I know
how much to order, and please bring some cash to pitch in.

When:   February 28, 2006, 8:00 p.m.
Where:  Perpetual Entertainment:  Fifth floor,
                            149 New Montgomery Street, San Francisco, CA
RSVP:   qw at sf.pm.org

PS:  I am bringing some O'Reilly books to give away (_Regular Expression
Reference_ and _Learning Perl_.)  ActiveState may also furnish some schwag.

--
qw (Quinn Weaver); #President, San Francisco Perl Mongers
=for information, visit http://sf.pm.org/weblog =cut