[sf-perl] Left or right hand side tabs in Perl?

Dave Turner dave at wrightpopcorn.com
Sat Dec 30 23:52:29 PST 2006

Joe Brenner wrote:
> Dave Turner <dave at wrightpopcorn.com> wrote:
>

>> Is it possible to make tabs appear on the left or right hand side of a
>> window in a Perl GUI? If so, can someone point me to some source? I've
>> done it on top, but I can't find anything that shows tabs on the left or
>> right hand side - similar to an address book.
>>

> I think you're going to have to give us some more information about what
> you're trying to do.  When you say "Perl GUI", does that mean you're
> doing Perl/Tk programming?

Yes I'm looking I think at Tk just because I'm used to it to a degree.
But Tk::Notebook, from all the examples I've seen, puts the tabs
geometrically north. I'm wondering if it, or some other module, can put
tabs on either east or west geometrically speaking.

If GTK, or WXPerl would do it, I'd change my thinking, but I hadn't
found any examples of east/west tabs, so therein lies my question.