[sf-perl] Linuxworld on Tuesday

Joseph Brenner doom at kzsu.stanford.edu
Thu Aug 10 11:04:22 PDT 2006

I just thought I'd mention that the Oakland PM guys have a
little gathering going at the Linuxworld Expo on Tuesday
afternoon that we might like to crash:

  http://www.metaart.org/opug/

  Next Scheduled Event

    * type event: outing.
    * to: LinuxWorld Expo.
    * when: 2pm-??, Tuesday, August 15th, 2006.
    * where: Moscone Center, San Francisco.
    * activities:
          o meet at the O'Reilly booth at 2pm.
          o miscellaneous discussion.
          o wander around the exhibits,
            but not necessarily all in one group.
          o ...

    * who: open to anyone interested.

    * how much: We collect no fee for our events/meetings. You
      should be able to get into LinuxWorld for free if you sign
      up early for exhibits only.

    * RSVP: is helpful but is not required.

(And similarly, since those guys are going to be on this side of
the bay on Tuesday, we ought to make sure they know about the
Andy Lester talk...)

And by the way, if this new IDG policy irritates you as much as
it does me, you might be inspired to complain:

  Age Policy
  LinuxWorld Conference & Expo is open to business professionals
  only.  No one under 18 years of age will be admitted.

To email the Show Director, Public Relations Manager and three
Marketing folks, you can use these addresses:

  melinda_kendall at idg.com,
  charlotte_mccormack at idg.com,
  lisa-jean_clifford at idg.com,
  briana_pontremoli at idg.com,