[sf-perl] [jobs] Anyone want to move to Seattle?

Josh Berkus josh at agliodbs.com
Tue Sep 20 17:49:45 PDT 2005

Folks,

Whitepages.com (a big PGSQL user) just sent me this, they're looking for perl
hackers:

--------------------
W H I T E P A G E S.C O M  |  I N C

206.812.9216 (Direct)   |   206.271.9267 (Cell)

dwilburn at whitepages.com

www.whitepagesinc.com <http://www.whitepagesinc.com/>

Software Engineer:

What We Do:

We develop Perl-based technologies for leading Open Source, high-volume
websites and applications in the directory services space. Our
developers aid in the architecture, design, and implementation of our
core technologies.  We don't write Perl scripts; we develop cutting edge
OOP applications.

What We're Looking for:

We're looking for smart, capable, passionate Perl developers who take
ownership and pride in their work. We are geeks with a mission, working
for a company with strong business focus. If you love Perl, you will
want to work with us.  Preferred experience includes:

*         Experience developing object-oriented Perl applications.

*         Solid MySQL, PostgreSQL, or Oracle skills.

*         History working with Linux, CVS, and other Open Source
development tools.

*         Ability to troubleshoot both your own and other's code.

*         Ability to write clear and understandable technical
documentation.

*         Strong knowledge of Apache and mod_perl and/or OO Perl.

*         Working knowledge of XML, XSLT, XHTML, and JavaScript.

*         Desire to mentor others.

*         Ability to work both individually and in a group.

*         Dedication to learning and advancing your skills.

*         4-year Computer Science degree or equivalent experience.

Why You Want To Work Here:

You will be surrounded by some of the best Perl developers in the
industry. You will have opportunities to hone your technical skill set
through our mentoring program and external training benefits. We
encourage our developers to be active in the Perl and Open Source
communities. We provide an excellent work environment with flexible
workstation configuration (OS, editor, VMWare, dual headed workstation,
etc). Our internal promotion ladder provides opportunity for career
advancement. In addition to our competitive compensation package, we
provide training and book allowances, free lunch Fridays, free snacks
and soda, and quarterly company-sponsored events. We are in the heart of
downtown Seattle surrounded by great restaurants and interesting places.

Recent Company Awards:

*           Named 2005 Consumer Product of the Year by the WSA.

*           Top 10 fastest-growing companies in the Puget Sound by the
Puget Sound Business Journal.

*           Rated one of the top companies to work for by Washington CEO
Magazine.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions