[sf-perl] Six Apart Meeting

Quinn Weaver qw at sf.pm.org
Thu Oct 27 21:30:12 PDT 2005

On Thu, Oct 27, 2005 at 12:32:33AM -0700, Joseph Brenner wrote:

> So how did the meeting at Six Apart go the other day?  I really wanted
> to be there, myself, but got hung up at work...

I'm sorry you weren't able to make it.  For what it's worth, Byrne
has already put his slides up:

http://www.majordojo.com/uploads/SF%20Perl%20Mongers.ppt (PowerPoint,
unfortunately)

And, of course, he blogged about it ;) :

http://www.majordojo.com/archives/2005/10/movable_type_mongers_presentat.php

In my view, it was a very good meeting.  Byrne is a very lucid,
down-to-earth speaker.  I was impressed at all the improvements in MT
with the 3.2 release.  We had some interesting back-and-forth with the
Postgres people, but mostly they were surprisingly receptive to the
OO-to-relational support in MT::Object.

Anyway, I was gratified that we had such high attendance.  I hope we
can build on the momentum.

--
qw (Quinn Weaver); #President, San Francisco Perl Mongers
=for information, visit http://sf.pm.org/weblog =cut