[sf-perl] Beer & T{ofu,urkey} SIG; 8 pm, 11/22

Quinn Weaver qw at sf.pm.org
Fri Oct 14 22:12:18 PDT 2005

Ah, good suggestion.  I'm going to take a pass for that week, but I like
the idea.  You can all sit around the table and give thanks for Larry
et al. ;)

> QW> Yay for language ecumenicalism!  I think it's catching on.  I mean,
> QW> even PM.org is using Mailman (written in Python) these days, because,
> QW> frankly, it's way better than Majordomo.  Besides, soon we'll be
> QW> able to write any language in Perl 6, right? ;)
>
> I'm _really_ looking forward to the cross-language capabilities of
> Parrot/Cardinal/etc!

Yeah, it would be nice to actually use the libraries you want
regardless of language, huh?  I guess the type mapping will be a
little weird (e.g. you don't have primitive hash refs in Java, nor
flattened array "varargs".  I can see how you could fake either one,
though.)

Note to self:  Read more Apocalypses.  You're way behind.

--
qw (Quinn Weaver); #President, San Francisco Perl Mongers
=for information, visit http://sf.pm.org/weblog =cut