[sf-perl] [job] ksh/perl/sysadmin

David Alban extasia at gmail.com
Tue May 17 10:58:37 PDT 2005

Greetings,

I spoke with this person.  Seemed fairly reasonable.  Beyond that, I
don't know much about her or the position.  I'm not available at the
moment so I thought I'd pass it on.

David

__JOB__

Reply to:

Jessica Cowans
Sr. Talent Acquisition Representative
Intertec Consulting
jessica.cowans at intertec-consulting.com
480-839-1045
602-692-8535 cell
480-821-0945 fax

Intertec Consulting specializes in placing Information Technology
professionals with Fortune 500 companies throughout the U.S. and Costa
Rica. Currently, we are looking for an AIX/Solaris Scripting Candidate
for a client located in San Francisco or Rocklin, CA.   This position
is a 1 year W2 contract opportunity.

Client is looking for an AIX/Solaris Scripting local candidate located
in or near San Francisco or Rocklin, Calif.

Korn Shell (ksh) and Perl scripting on AIX and Solaris platforms for
Hewlett-Packard OpenView 7.x, Nagios 1.2, and MRTG are the target
skills.  Candidate will be expected to have strong UNIX administration
skills and will effectively function as a UNIX Systems Administrator.
However, the individual will get the script writing assignment and
maintain scripts for these monitoring tools as well.

Requirements needed:
AIX and Solaris scripting candidate (ksh and Perl).
Previous experience scripting and administering Hewlett-Packard
OpenView, Nagios, and MRTG.

Enthusiastic, self-starter attitude.
Must work exceptionally well in a team environment.
Must have excellent English communications skills.
Must be prepared to work some off-shift or weekend to complete major
projects/tasks.

This client's environment includes the following, so not necessary but
would be helpful to have experience with:
Nagios
Hitachi SAN
McData Switches
Veritas Clustering
Linux
NAS

VERY IMPORTANT:  You would be part of a 4 member team that is in an
on-call rotation.  You would be the Primary on call person for 1 week
per month, and the backup on call person for 1 week per month.  You
will carry a pager and be available for 24x7 support during these
times.  Candidates who are not willing to take on this responsibility
need not apply.   You must be local to the Rocklin area, or willing to
relocate yourself to the area for the duration of the contract.

This is a 1 year W2 contract.  Please send summary of above technology
experience and all-inclusive HOURLY RATE in the comment field when
applying for this position.  Local candidates greatly preferred.  If
non-local
please also tell when you could start a new contract in Rocklin
(outside of Sacramento, CA).

Intertec, formed in early 2002, is a fast growing and dynamic
organization committed to becoming one of the nation's premier
information technology solutions companies.  We offer our customers
unique solutions in the information technology arena focusing on
project based consulting services, outsourcing, and contract resources
to best meet their needs.  Our highly skilled and experienced team
views our customers and consultants as partners, and strives to
deliver the highest levels of service and value.  Our client base is
comprised primarily of Fortune 200 companies.  In addition to our
corporate headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona, we have offices in
Minneapolis, Los Angeles, New York City and San Jose, Costa Rica.

--
Live in a world of your own, but always welcome visitors.