[sf-perl] [job] Danger is hiring perl folk
matt at cloudfactory.org
Mon Jun 27 16:17:36 PDT 2005
danger is hiring perl folk again. if you are interested, please follow
the contact info below.
please don't let this turn into a thread bashing interviewing tactics as
it did last time.
Server Software Engineer - PDM
Danger's Service Engineering group is seeking a talented software
engineer to work on the high-visibility Premium Download Manager
(PDM) service. The ideal candidate will possess strong server
programming and software design skills and the ability to gracefully
handle a dynamic, fast-paced development environment.
* Work with other members of the Service Engineering group to extend
and improve the Premium Download Manager
* Create and enhance APIs and interfaces to the PDM for internal and
* Monitor operation of production servers and address problems in a
timely manner should they arise.
* Work closely with QA and Operations groups during each release
* Design new capabilities or re-design existing ones as needed.
* Document and test all work.
* Strong, demonstrable programming skills in Perl and either
Java or C++
* Experience in architecture and implementation of servers for
* Experience debugging distributed large-scale systems
* Experience with databases. Oracle is a plus.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as this position
involves considerable interaction with non-engineers
* Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
* Prior experience with finance, catalog, or billing systems is a huge
* Stock Options
* Health and Dental Plans
Please send your resume and a cover letter describing your background to
jobs at danger.com
Principals only. Direct-hire only; no contractors at this time.
More information about the SanFrancisco-pm