[sf-perl] Duplicate copies of messages

David Fetter david at fetter.org
Fri Dec 16 12:56:05 PST 2005

On Fri, Dec 16, 2005 at 12:49:39PM -0800, Vicki Brown wrote:
> At 12:35 -0800 12/16/2005, Josh Berkus wrote:
> >Vicki,
> >
> >> I'll turn it back on if youall promise to *remember* that there
> >> is only one SFPM.
> >
> >I'd rather you didn't.   There's just no way I can reliable
> >remember to look for duplicates every time I hit "reply all".
>
> I would strongly suggest that you train yourself NOT to hit "reply
> all" (on this or most mailing lists).
>
> In our case, the list is configured to reply to list (which WILL
> include the sender). If you reply to all, by definition you're
> sending duplicates to somebody.

With all due respect, I don't believe that the "problem" of duplicate
messages is so drastic that it needs a draconian "solution" at the
server level.  We're talking about an extra email message here, not a
napalm strike.  How about just leaving it alone and letting people
adjust their email clients if they'd like to do so?

Cheers,
David Fetter david at fetter.org http://fetter.org/
phone: +1 415 235 3778

Remember to vote!