[sf-perl] "Perl Needs Better Tools" by Matisse Enzer

Joseph Brenner doom at kzsu.stanford.edu
Mon Aug 29 10:12:26 PDT 2005

Matisse Enzer, continues to propound and expand on the thesis he
was advocating over chinese food at a recent perl meeting:
"Perl Needs Better Tools":
   http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2005/08/25/tools.html

Quick summary: perl IDEs are lagging behind Java, and this is a bad
thing.  EPIC/Eclipse is doing okay, maybe it could be improved?
Or maybe there's another solution.

(Note: he could probably be nudged into doing a presentation on
this subject... we were actually discussing doing a joint
presentation sometime, comparing Epic and Emacs, but I've been
lagging on doing the Emacs side...)