[sf-perl] reduce-like function in Perl?

Chris Palmer chris at noncombatant.org
Tue Apr 26 16:32:23 PDT 2005

Chris Mungall writes:

> You might want to check out Language::Functional

Thanks for the tip. I hadn't heard of this.

David Fetter writes:

> You might want to get your hands on a copy of Higher-Order Perl

Thanks for the tip again! This book looks awesome. In fact, I just
higher-ordered it.

The code in question is going to go in the function that eats the most
time (as shown by DProf) in my program, so I'm actually going to go with
the pack/unpack solution. It has the benefit of being terribly kinky as
well as fast, so it's a double-win! :)

I might bug you all some more if I can't speed up the slow function.