[sf-perl] *** Special meeting this Tuesday ***

Quinn Weaver qw at sf.pm.org
Fri Apr 1 14:44:17 PST 2005

Andy Lester of OSCON fame is coming to town.  Actually, my company, BGI,
is bringing him in for some consulting.  I just became aware of this
from a mass corporate email.

Well, I got in touch with Andy, and he'd like to come and speak to
us.  In fact, he'd been looking for me. :)

So, we're having a special meeting this Tuesday, April 5.  This won't
supersede our April meeting; it's a bonus. :)  We're still discussing
the topic, but it will be something cool.

Some of you will remember Andy from OSCON.  He's done a number of
presentations on automated testing, software engineering in the large,
and the practical human elements of making software.  Very sensibly
guy, no BS, good head on his shoulders.  The topic is likely to come
from these areas of expertise.

I will order food and we'll pick his brains.  (Note these are two separate
topics.  Brains and food.  Both fresh, of course.)

RSVP if you can make it:  qw at sf.pm.org.  Let me know if you want food
or if you're eating beforehand.  Note any dietary restrictions.  I'll
take care of the rest.

Muy buenas tardes,

--
qw (Quinn Weaver); #President, San Francisco Perl Mongers
=for information, visit http://sf.pm.org/weblog =cut