[San-Diego-pm] Freenode brouhaha

Christopher Grau chris.grau at gmail.com
Wed May 26 09:15:23 PDT 2021

On Wed, May 26, 2021 at 7:59 AM Keith Thompson
<Keith.S.Thompson at gmail.com> wrote:
> As you may have seen, Freenode has been going through some stuff recently. Most of the staff has resigned and started a new IRC network, "libera.chat".
>
> Without getting into the issues, do we want to set up a sandiego.pm channel on libera.chat? (I note that the sandiego.pm channel on freenode has been inactive lately.)

I've claimed my nick over on Libera Chat and a few of us from
#kernel-panic have started migrating. I thought about registering the
channel on Libera and bringing up the issue in the Freenode channel,
but put it off for the exact inactive reason you mentioned.