[San-Diego-pm] April Meeting

Bob Kleemann rkleeman at energoncube.net
Tue Apr 7 13:14:43 PDT 2020

Thanks all for your contributions on what software to use to host the
meeting.  There appears to be as many suggestions as there are people
interested in coming on Tuesday (in other words, a **lot**).  My thinking
on any of the possibilities:

   - Open source is great, and I'd like to use/support it, if it can
   support our needs (video conferencing and screen sharing).
   - Google is functional, and other than the host, I don't think you need
   a Google account or special software to be able to join a Hangout with a
   URL.
   - Zoom is the new hotness, and I have a paid Zoom account that I can use
   for this purpose.  I know that you do not need to install the software
   (though they will push you to do it), nor do you need to have an account to
   join a meeting.

Given all of this, I'll go forward with my Zoom account, unless somebody
has a good reason not to (like an easy to use open-source alternative).
I'll post the meeting details soon, and again next week.

Bob