[San-Diego-pm] Meeting on Tuesday, October 9th

Bob Kleemann rkleeman at energoncube.net
Tue Oct 2 12:54:06 PDT 2018

Hello Perl Mongers,

It is time once again for our quarterly meeting.  As we have been for the
past several quarters, we'll be meeting at the offices of DrJays.com on
this coming Tuesday, October 9th.  We'll start around 7 PM, and continue
until we finish the discussions.  In addition to the generous use of their
space, DrJays.com will be providing some snacks and non-alcoholic drinks.

Also, as discussed at the last meeting, we were going to try and discuss
one of the many videos from The Perl Conference, and have a discussion
about the ideas presented within.  You can see the full list of videos
here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA9_Hq3zhoFx1inHPmwmbXrPcI8cc0fyO.
If you have any favorites that you'd like to discuss for this meeting or
the next one, please let me know.

For this meeting, we will discuss these two talks about Test2.  If you have
the time to watch these videos ahead of time, please do:

Chad Granum - "Better testing with Test2-Suite"
https://youtu.be/b2xIfBdcqb0

Chad Granum - "Test2::Harness – Super charge your test runs"
https://youtu.be/uyqP6Prsq38

The two videos combined run about 90 minutes, so we will not have time to
watch them during the meeting, but you can watch them at 1.5x or 2x speed
for efficiency.

If you have any presentations or discussions that you would also like to
happen during the meeting, please let me know.

Bob