[San-Diego-pm] Perl SoCal Linx Expo Booth - Join Us

wrboss1 at aol.com wrboss1 at aol.com
Wed Mar 7 13:15:17 PST 2018

We could use your help this weekend!

First, we've setup a Slack Chat for our Perl Booth and you're invited (default DND hours 7pm-9am) for planning and on-the-day coordination.

Join Our Slack - Invite Link: https://join.slack.com/t/scaleperl/shared_invite/enQtMzI2MDU3MTAzMzYzLWI2MzU5N2FmOWI5MzkzYmI0Yzg3ZjFmMTUwNmU2YTNjODNlODJjNjU4Yzk3NWRjMGRmMjJhN2ZkOTI0MDYwNDU

Second, if you aren't planning on coming to the SoCal Linux Expo (SCaLE 16x) - https://www.socallinuxexpo.org - you should! We still have free booth-volunteer passes available (3 to 4 hour time commitment staffing booth during Expo Hall Hours). You know you want to spend this weekend in the beautiful Pasadena Convention Center! It's a low-stress gig, just smiling, saying hi, offering free girl-scout™ cookies to passerby and some chatting. Email us or join the Slack.

We could really use one or two more folks helping out for these longer shifts.

Third, do you have 30 minutes to spare during Expo Hours? Since we're short-staffed we could use some swing-shift volunteers who could stop in and stay for a while to allow for conversation, bathroom breaks, food/water, and a little Expo Hall exploration. We will have a schedule available but feel free to join our Slack and volunteer on the day.

Thanks so much! Looking forward to a fun-filled SCaLE (did you know there's supposed to be an Escape Room for game night?!).

-- Will