[San-Diego-pm] Help!

Tim Bollman tim.bollman at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 10:15:37 PDT 2017

I believe the relevant section of your failing error log is this:

[Wed Jun 21 time 2017] [error] [client ip-address] Response header name
'[Wed Jun 21 10' contains invalid characters, aborting request, referer:
http://pacoweb.net/cgi-bin/Admin/CDprivateMenu.pl
[Wed Jun 21 time 2017] [error] [client ip-address] SoftException in
Application.cpp:256: File "/home4/pacowebn/public_html/500.php" is
writeable by group, referer:
http://pacoweb.net/cgi-bin/Admin/CDprivateMenu.pl
[Wed Jun 21 time 2017] [error] [client ip-address] Premature end of script
headers: 500.php, referer: http://pacoweb.net/cgi-bin/Admin/CDprivateMenu.pl
[Wed Jun 21 time 2017] [error] [client ip-address] (-3)Unknown error
18446744073709551613: Failed to flush CGI output to client, referer:
http://pacoweb.net/cgi-bin/Admin/CDprivateMenu.pl

I've never done CGI programming, but from what I gather the first line says
that the content CGI::Carp is putting in *STDOUT is ending up being treated
as a header line in the HTTP response.  Since the date stamp starts with a
'[', it isn't a valid header so the server assumes you're spewing junk and
kills you.

Perhaps try having it output to *STDERR, which potentially ends up in one
of those logs you've posted or (assuming you have permissions to write to
somewhere -- perhaps your applications www directory) append to your own
log file on the server so you can see the rest of what it's trying to
produce.