[San-Diego-pm] SCaLE 13x gratitude

David McDuffee mcduffee at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 11:52:05 PDT 2015

I want to offer my thanks to everyone who made our Perl presence at SCaLE
13x last month such a success.

Thanks to our generous corporate sponsors:

17HATS
Campus Explorer
Conversant
Willing Minds
ZipRecruiter

Your support paid for the "Perl @ SCaLE" t-shirts our volunteers wore, and
also enabled us to purchase and give away almost a dozen "Learning Perl"
books to aspiring Perl mongers who visited our booth. You've not only
supported the Perl community, but also helped it to grow. Thank you!

Thanks also to the volunteers themselves:

Mark D. Nagel
Marco Palma
Tim Bollman
William Boschelli
Dallas Legan
Kaitlyn Parkhurst
Arkadiy Sudarikov
John Kirk

It was my privilege to meet each of you, and see first-hand the enthusiasm
with which you shared your Perl knowledge with the SCaLE attendees who
visited our booth. Thank you (and please consider volunteering again next
year)!

Finally, I want to thank Juan Naterra, for his skillful handling of the
Perl Monger presence in previous years, and his ongoing assistance and
advice this year. We wouldn't have been nearly so successful without your
help. Thanks, Juan!

I learned a lot this year, and hope to repeat the experience next year with
those lessons under my belt. Thanks, everyone!