[San-Diego-pm] Meeting June 19th, and Damian Conway

Bob Kleemann rkleeman at energoncube.net
Thu Jun 12 17:46:44 PDT 2014

Perl Mongers,

Just a quick reminder, we're hosting our monthly meeting next week.
We'll be meeting at the normal place and time, Ansir Innovation Center
on Convoy Rd, starting around 7 PM.

Additionally, Damian Conway is going to pay us a visit during the
first week of July.  He's offered up three talks to choose from, so
please peruse the following talk descriptions, and let me know which
talk would be most interesting to you:

Temporally Quaquaversal Virtual Nanomachine Programming In Multiple
Topologically Connected Quantum-Relativistic Parallel
Spacetimes...Made Easy!
http://damian.conway.org/Seminars/Quaquaversal.html

A talk he has done for us before, but it was quite entertaining.

Perl 6: A Language For Computer Scientists (and Other Crazy People)
http://damian.conway.org/Seminars/Perl6CompSci.html

It should be an interesting conversation for those that are interested
in the next generation of Perl, and how it relates to other languages.

Everything You Know About Regexes Is Wrong
http://damian.conway.org/Seminars/EverythingRegex.html

This sounds like it could be educational to even those who are
well-versed in regular expressions.

Please vote for which presentations you'd like to see, in the order of
preference.  I'll tally up the votes, find an exact venue and date,
and let everyone know soon.

I'll look forward to seeing everyone next week!

  -- Bob