[San-Diego-pm] Running PHP slide show from Perl

Joel Fentin joel at fentin.com
Wed Oct 6 11:59:51 PDT 2010

On 10/6/2010 11:26 AM, Nicholas Wehr wrote:
> hm, well I see how this can be challenging.
>
> is your goal to download a webpage and redisplay it with perl? or
> do you just want the php web content?
>
> if so, I recommend WWW::Mechanize

As brief as I can make it.

+ go to http://calscape.com/

+ click the "Trees" dynamic link. You should see a list of trees.

+ click the thumbnail or common name of the first tree. A page is
displayed specific to that tree. Note the slide show.

+ Click the 'Next Plant' link (near upper right corner). Another
plant page is displayed. Note the slide show.

+ Click the browser back button. the prior plant data is displayed
but not the prior slide show.

===============

+ I put that slide show into that page with an iframe.

+ I create the show on the fly per the specific plant we are
looking at.

+ The slide show is an older version (also php) soon to be
replaced by plant1.php or something very like it.

+ I was experimenting with system() as a means to solve the back
button problem.

Is anybody still awake?

--
Joel Fentin       tel: 760-749-8863