[San-Diego-pm] October 2008 Meeting Recap

Chris Grau chris at chrisgrau.com
Fri Oct 17 12:27:57 PDT 2008

=head1 NAME

SanDiego::Meeting::Social - Social gathering of the San Diego Perl
Mongers

=head1 DATE

Thursday, 16 October 2008, 19:00 - 21:00

=head1 LOCATION

Panera Bread, Mira Mesa, Calif., USA

=head1 DESCRIPTION

This is a simple meeting recap, conveniently written in pod so everyone
can read it in whatever format they prefer.  If you lack an appropriate
formatter, well, you can always write one.  As an added bonus, if you're
using a decent MUA *cough*Mutt*cough*, a formatter is only a few
keystrokes away:

    macro pager ,pd "<pipe-message>pod2text<enter>"

=head1 ATTENDEES

In no particular order.

=over

=item

Bob

=item

Manny

Who spent some quality alone time before the meeting with Bob and a pink plush
camel between them.

=item

Brad

=item

Tracy

Joined by his better half.

=item

Chris

=item

Miguel

First timer, looking for some help with Perl and XML.

=item

George

=item

Rod

=item

Brian

=item

Urivan

=item

Al

=item

Andy

First timer.  Yet another Qualcommer.

=item

Ryan

Also joined by his better half, who skipped belly dancing to be with us.  A
change of venue to said belly dancing was briefly considered by the group.

=item

Cathy

=back

Qualcomm Ratio = 5:9

Notably missing was Jonathan.  Unfortunately, heavy traffic prevented him from
joining us.  He did pop on to the IRC channel to say hi during the meeting.

=head1 TOPICS

It was crowded.  It was loud.  Multiple conversations ebbed and flowed.  I
punted on the notes this time.

=head2 What's That Smell?

As usual, our Panera meeting ended shortly after 21:00 as the restaurant was
being closed and cleaned.  Sadly, the after-meeting meeting outside the side
door was cut short when we were driven away by the stench of raw sewage.

=head2 Meeting Location

The Panera Bread venue doesn't lend itself to the number of people we've been
able to attract lately.  To that end, we'd like to solicit ideas for a new
venue.  Free wi-fi is a requirement, and food would be a big bonus.  If anyone
has any ideas, please either post them to the list or contact Bob or me
off-list.

=head1 NEXT MEETING

Thursday, 20 November 2008, 19:00 - 21:00

Panera Bread, Mira Mesa, Calif., USA

=cut