[San-Diego-pm] Problem

Joel Fentin joel at fentin.com
Thu Apr 24 16:36:27 PDT 2008

Christopher Hahn wrote:
> Joel,
>
> Could you elaborate on how you are running it?
>
> Presumably as a the action in a form?
>
> Just curious,
>
> Chris

The goal is to send emails to a group of members of a website. Yahoo and
perhaps others have spam protections in place where they delay the
sending of the emails which causes a browser timeout. One way around
this (found with some experimenting) is:

DispSuccessMsg();
foreach(@Email)
{
   sleep 15;									  Send1Email($_);
}

With or without the sleep 15, the browser is going to time out. So I
thought I would send the success message first (containing a link to
enable the user to return to a menu) and then let the server slowly send
all the emails.

This timing works in my computer with its Apache.

perl perl perl
--
Joel Fentin       tel: 760-749-8863
Email:            http://fentin.com/me/ContactMe.html